1) What do you do when you’re not pole dancing (work/school/hobbies etc.)?
I work as an admin assistant running events for a non-profit association
I also teach skating in the winter & am a qualified fitness instructor
2) How did you first discover pole dancing?
I luv hip hop & wanted to find a place where I could dance to it while working out
I walked by the brass vixens Queen st studio by chance, checked it out online & it seemed perfect – the rest is history!
3) Do you have any previous dance, fitness or sports experience?
Lots of stuff 😊 – stated with ballet, gymnastics, figure skating, swimming/lifeguarding, distance running, horse riding, tennis, astanga yoga…
Figure skating was the only sport I did competitively
4) What appealed to you about pole dancing that made you decide to try it?
I wanted a place where I could dance & be free to move & be creative
I had enjoyed but was really bored with conventional workouts & spaces & needed a change
5 ) How did you come to be a member at Brass Vixens?
I started with the intro month deal, really liked it & came to a lot of classes, so a membership made sense
I felt very welcome
I liked the people (teachers, staff & students) & spaces
6) What were your first impressions?
My first thoughts were: this is way too cool!! Can’t believe I found this!!!
Luv that it made me feel sexy & sporty at the same time
7) What keeps you committed to pole dancing?
After each class, without exception, I feel like a better version of myself
8) What do you feel is a crucial element for a successful class experience?
The teachers! Amazing personalities with strong skills & an ability to teach these well
The brass vixens space! ez going & cool, but professional
9) What has been an exciting moment for you on your pole journey?
Everything!! I feel really lucky to have found this & I luv it, so every moment has been exciting
10) Do you have any pole goals you’re working towards?
Yes! Flex, flow & a focus on pole for 2019
Overall – not rushing the process & progressing at my own, steady rate
11) How has pole dancing and taking classes at Brass Vixens affected the rest of your life and sense of self?
Dancing in this way has transformed my life – pole & all the classes I take at BV have given me a different sense of confidence than I had before – it has made me feel very feminine, strong & sexy
12) What has surprised you the most?
I just can’t believe I found this when I really needed it in my life & how much I luv it!
13) Heels or no heels?!
Heels, almost always – although no heels sometimes is perfect too & a nice break
Thank you Zaria for being an amazing Vixen! You rock!